Updated: March 17, 2017
This position is essentially comprised of two main areas of focus and we are therefore looking for an energetic, flexible and quick-learning individual to join our Operations team.
The first core area of responsibility is based in numbers. We are looking for someone to help us in forecasting activities associated with sales. The individual would analyse historical sales data to identify trends in order to help us plan our production portfolio. We would also expect them to take a critical eye towards the business and use data to help us improve processes and create efficiencies. As such, advanced skills in Excel are a must.
The second area of responsibility is within digital marketing, and largely social media. We are looking for someone to help us to not only maintain but to further build out the online presence of our company. While we are currently active on Facebook, we hope that the BASMMC will not only maintain our existing online marketing presence but also create new strategies through additional social media venues and further develop our website. We are looking for someone who can not only take an idea and execute it in an engaging way but also develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and help build out the KBC brand.
KBC is small and growing, and the position encompasses many different aspects of company operations. Therefore, applicants should have experience working in teams, the ability to access situations and react accordingly, and the ability to multitask. Employees are also expected to be involved in many aspects of the company unconnected to their current job or long-term career path within the company. Experience in data/business analysis and/or social media and digital marketing is welcome but not required.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
- Review and analyze sales data to identify trends for planning production portfolio
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers and prepare forecast data to participate in meetings to provide information to guide strategic planning
- Work with sales and accounting to create a dashboard to include critical KPIs for sales metrics and benchmarking
- Persistent consideration for process improvement and business development
- Collaborate and interact with all facets of the company to help generate content for Social Media (specifically: Facebook, Instagram, MailChimp and our own webpage)
- Assist in the preparation of beer release emails to keep our growing client list informed about beer we are imminently releasing and have in the pipeline
- Help in the buildout of our website with an eye towards making it more user friendly from both a customer experience point of view (ex: the checkout experience for our customers)
- Manage areas of brand monitoring, reputation management, reporting, analytics and content development to make recommendations for new strategies
- Ensure that consumer digital experiences align with overall company goals and vision
- Assist with the preparation of monthly excise tax filing (help calculate how much beer left our property and was consumed at our taproom)
- Work with the accounting team to reconcile physical and virtual inventories (beer in keg and bottle form, merchandise and raw materials)
- Assist in the creation and maintaining of SOPs related to your position so that new and existing employees can quickly get up to speed and operate at a high standard
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong analytical skills and high-level competency with Excel (required) and ideally ecommerce marketing tools [ex: MailChimp] (preferred)
- Familiarity with the concepts of application/website design and configuration
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and be comfortable with a small, quickly growing business
- Highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable being held accountable for deliverables and can effectively collaborate with peers
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- English language ability: business-level
- Japanese language ability: fluent/native
- A passion for craft beer!
Potential Career Paths at KBC
- Sr. Business Analyst
- Financial Operations Specialist
- Digital Marketing Specialist
Employee Benefits and Job Details
- Ideal Start Date: May 1st, 2017
- Type: Full-Time
- Trial Period: 3 months
- Length of contract：Permanent Hire
- Work Schedule:
- Flextime: Yes（Core-Time：11am ~ 4pm）
- Days Off: Weekends
- Paid Holidays: 12 days or more
- Other Paid Holidays:
- Year-end（Dec 31st ~ Jan 3rd)）
- Summer Vacation（3 days off between Jul to Sep）
- All National Holidays
- Sick Leave: 5 days a Year
- Transportation Costs to Work: Covered
How to Apply
Please ensure you do the following when applying for positions at Kyoto Brewing Co. Applicants who fail to observe any of these directives will not be considered for the position.
1. Write a purposeful email to email@example.com
stating which job you are interested in and why you are applying.
2. Attach a current CV or resume.
3. Attach a written statement that is specific to the job opening describing why you think you would be a good match for the position.
4. Include your contact details.
Please DO NOT make any inquiries for current or future positions by phone. If you have a question about the position or the application process, please contact us via email.